Yesterday's 3.1 Phillip Lim show was influenced by nineties grunge — it's been nearly twenty years since Kurt Cobain's death, and fashion is always cyclical. The collection opened with ditsy florals paired with clunky black sandals before segueing into the requisite plaids and crop tops. But rather than traditional flannel, Lim added sequins, toyed with sheer fabrics, or, in the case of this dress, used the pattern as animal-shaped appliqués on a dress. Click to zoom in on the menagerie of creatures hidden in the look.
Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
- Astrology GIFs for the Week of December 9, 2013
- Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act