This afternoon, Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen debuted their spring 2013 collection for Elizabeth & James — a relaxed diffusion of their offerings for The Row — and look no. 9 in particular, an oversized blazer and slim trouser made from magenta taffeta, paired with a patent leather flat, seemed glamorous, rock 'n' roll, and zen at the same time. This bright outfit should be a go-to for celebrities seeking a not-so-ordinary red-carpet look (Tilda Swinton, perhaps?) and for fashion editors wanting to combine luxe comfort with professional gravitas. Click on the image to zoom in on this bold but simple ensemble.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken