This afternoon's Thakoon spring 2013 collection showcased ladylike metallic broderie and silk bodices, along with tops and skirts that were trompe l'oeil vignettes of caged hummingbirds and flowers. But one eye-catching item, a modest but glittery stacked heel with a patent leather tongue, seemed to give a little edge to the collection's porcelain prettiness. We predict it'll be a fast editor pick for its shiny but unassuming air. Click on the image to zoom in on the many black sequins and see the shoe's patent leather shine.
Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued