Before all the dramz between Hedi and Cathy erupted in Paris, one of spring 2013 fashion week's controversies came from those racially insensitive earrings Dolce & Gabbana presented in Milan. The news brewed for a little, but nothing much boiled over. Rapper and rising fashion plate Azealia Banks just heard about the designers' Blackamoor inspirations, however, and she's not impressed. With a little Twitter rant over the weekend, she promised to boycott the line, as "whoever designed that racist ass collection deserves a swift kick in the mouth." She also spelled "Gabanna" wrong repeatedly (on purpose?), just to show how serious she is.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb