It takes just one look at Heidi Klum come late October to remember that the stylish and famous take Halloween very seriously. But it's Simon Doonan, the creative ambassador at Barneys New York, who has been playing that game since long before people knew of him. He doesn't throw his own party — and, in fact, he's not even dressing up this year — it's a somewhat quieter sort of costume confidence. So he decided to prove his mettle by sending photos to the Cut of his best costumes starting from back in the late seventies. From Wayne Newton on the weekend to a look that resembled Amy Winehouse before she was even born, click ahead for his highlights, plenty of drag, and some ideas you can steal for your own costume.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat