The daughter of Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin, Charlotte Gainsbourg won the genetic lottery, but she doesn't rub it in. Often showing up to events with barely brushed hair and no makeup on, she's a walking antithesis to the immaculately styled, bronzed, and polished celebrities who've overrun today's red carpets. A longtime Balenciaga face, Gainsbourg frequently wears Nicolas Ghesquière, but it's obvious from her simple, relaxed outfits — usually just a cocktail dress for formal events, or beat-up jeans, work boots, and a jacket for everything else — that she dresses herself and doesn't employ a stylist. Isn't it ironic when the women who try the least look the best?
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads