At last week's Issey Miyake show, Diane Pernet told the Cut that one of Daphne Guinness's songs will be the soundtrack for an upcoming short film by Joseph Lally, to be screened on Guinness's birthday, November 10, at the annual A Shaded View on Fashion Film (ASVOFF) festival in Paris. And, apparently, "she has a good voice," the veiled blogger remarked from the front row. Pernet is certainly in the know; she founded the event four years back, which now travels to London, Moscow, Tokyo, Milan, Mexico City, and New York — so Manhattan can take in Guinness's tune, too. "Rossy de Palma will be our godmother again," said Pernet of this year's edition. Ellen von Unwerth plans to screen a "very sexy and colorful and energetic" film, and Stefano Tonchi and Tim Blanks will be members of the jury.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate