Canines of all sizes got dressed up this weekend to attend the Halloween Dog Parade and Costume Contest at the Tompkins Square dog run in NYC. In the event's 22nd year, Best in Show went to a beagle mix named Maddie who made a stunning E.T. with owners Bennet Leak as Elliot and Bret England as the Moon. Other highlights included Mama Biscuit, the bulldog, as Bjork in the Swan Dress, and our personal fave, another bulldog dressed as Mr. T. Click through our slideshow for the highlights — thankfully free of dogs in binders or other eye-rolling political references we're anticipating on humans come Oct 31.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve