The sixth and last season of Gossip Girl — a.k.a. The Greatest Show of Our Time — premieres tonight, and so much has changed since it began five seasons ago: Taylor Momsen hadn’t yet discovered eyeliner, hair extensions, or crotch-skimming outfits; Ed Westwick spoke in a volume greater than a husky whisper; and Blake Lively was just that Traveling Pants girl with all that hair. But more than that, it was the first show since Sex and the City to whip us all into a frenzy over its wardrobe. You may not remember any plot intricacies beyond the endless Chuck-and-Blair tango and a bunch of absurd text blasts, but you'll never forget those bastardized private-school uniforms, the endless masquerade balls, and Chuck Bass's hilarious athletic onesie. As the show prepares to go out in what we pray is a blaze of sartorial glory — by which we mean madness — we've picked the most memorable Gossip Girl fashion moments from the last five years.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen
- Male Gaze: Feast Your Eyes on Frank Sinatra
- Office Stress Is Contagious
- Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Post-Baby Reveal
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 14 Days to Go!
- Paltrow, Anderson Diet Show Gets ‘Major Network’