The sixth and last season of Gossip Girl — a.k.a. The Greatest Show of Our Time — premieres tonight, and so much has changed since it began five seasons ago: Taylor Momsen hadn’t yet discovered eyeliner, hair extensions, or crotch-skimming outfits; Ed Westwick spoke in a volume greater than a husky whisper; and Blake Lively was just that Traveling Pants girl with all that hair. But more than that, it was the first show since Sex and the City to whip us all into a frenzy over its wardrobe. You may not remember any plot intricacies beyond the endless Chuck-and-Blair tango and a bunch of absurd text blasts, but you'll never forget those bastardized private-school uniforms, the endless masquerade balls, and Chuck Bass's hilarious athletic onesie. As the show prepares to go out in what we pray is a blaze of sartorial glory — by which we mean madness — we've picked the most memorable Gossip Girl fashion moments from the last five years.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?