Deemed a "Style Icon" by the CFDA in 2012, Johnny Depp has been known for madcap dressing habits throughout his 30-year career. Whether he's in a polished tuxedo or a raggedy pair of jeans, Depp always looks slightly out of place in the best way possible. After all, doesn't fashion love a rule-breaker? In keeping with his devil-may-care attitude, he skipped the CFDAs and sent John Waters to collect his prize in his place — a very Depp move, if there ever was one. Enjoy this look back at his funky hats, watch chains, and occasional black tie ensemble in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!