After announcing yesterday that he'd ended his perfume licensing agreement with Coty, Karl Lagerfeld confirmed a new twenty-year deal today with Inter Parfums SA. Parfums's chairman Philippe Benacin confirmed plans to "start from scratch to build a [fragrance] business to match Lagerfeld’s towering fashion reputation." As Coty retains the rights to Lagerfeld's previous scents — including Kapsule and Kaleidoscope — the new beginning makes sense, though we humbly suggest Karl keep the alliterative theme going. Kashmere could smell of nicely laundered linen, Kamellia could be flowery, and he just has to get through the other K-stuff before the Kardashians do.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb