Last week, Daily Show co-creator Lizz Winstead launched the reproductive rights website Lady Parts Justice, “a place where we create messaging that dares to speak the language of truth, without giving a rat’s ass about how it will be judged by the self-righteous,” according to a manifesto published on BoingBoing. The site features a video mocking laws that require pregnant women to undergo an ultrasound, with the monitor facing them, before deciding to terminate, one of “hundreds of creepy laws passed that strip away a woman’s right to privacy and access to healthcare.” Winstead echoes a reductive statement for which the Obama campaign was roundly shamed last week — “for the sake of your lady parts, vote this November" — but stresses that the "war on women" is a war on female self-determination, "the options of a woman to achieve her potential."
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split