Recent Cut collaborator Martina Hoogland Ivanow ends the year for the Hermès Foundation gallery with her travel-themed exhibition, Far Too Close. The ethereal images depict moments from the past seven years in far-flung locales like Siberia, Lapland, Tierra del Fuego, and more. A frequent contributor to AnOther and Dazed & Confused, the Stockholm-based photographer often plays with distance and the perception of space. Epic landscapes mingle with intimate portraits and there are, of course, a few beautiful shots of horses. The series, she says, "started as an investigation of my relationship to travel and ended with return to a home, giving me new thoughts on family and how we are either identified or alienated within it." Click through our slideshow for a sampling from the show, open to the public from October 12 through November 26 at 691 Madison Avenue in New York City.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000
- ‘Kamikaze Sperm’: Fighting Off Rivals?