Born in Montana, Michelle Williams became famous in her teens for playing Katie Holmes's blonde nemesis on teen drama series Dawson's Creek. She later earned accolades for serious roles in widely acclaimed films like Brokeback Mountain and Blue Valentine; as her star rose, so did her reputation for wearing sought-after designers like Louis Vuitton, Vera Wang, and Jason Wu. With the help of her longtime stylist Kate Young, Williams has become known for her sophisticated, unfussy red carpet looks, often choosing to wear a bold solid color (warm tones like bright yellow and scarlet serve her well) with red lip and keeping her accessories to a minimum. See her style evolve from the nineties to the present in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel
- Best Bet: Hive and Honey Military Twill Pants
- Cressida Bonas’s Baby Book: What Does It Mean?
- Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid?
- Is Sex a Workout?
- ‘Hard-Wired’ Sex Differences Are Meaningless
- Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
- Lena Dunham and Judy Blume Talk Sixth-Grade Lies
- Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once