As he continues to promote his new memoir, Total Recall, on Good Morning America this morning, former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger called his affair with maid Mildred Baena the worst thing he’s ever done.
George Stephanopoulos offered the Governator a lifesaver, asking him if he might mean the worst “secret.” One wouldn’t want a 14-year-old boy to think his existence was Dad’s biggest mistake. (And surely one of those alleged, unwelcome gropes would count up there?) Anyway, Arnie held his ground: “Not just the worst secret, the worst thing.”
He redeemed himself slightly by saying that he didn’t fire Baena after their affair because he didn’t want to punish her for his misconduct. Then he gave a very lukewarm affirmation of his responsibility to his son with Baena, Joseph.
“I look at him as a son,” Schwarzenegger said. “I will take care of him financially.”
He added that he wants to get his (real) family with Maria Shriver back together again.
Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Astrology GIFs for the Week of December 9, 2013
- Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button