Let's study the different ways designers choose to present themselves during their shows' finales. First, there's the subtle moves: the slight nod, the half-bow, the tiny wave, and occasionally a double bow. Beyond that, you'll see hair flips, blown kisses, two-handed waves, and clapping. Then there are the more expressive moves: the wide rainbow-shaped wave, the hand over heart, the leg kick, the jog down the runway, or a full runway lap (or full escalator ride if you're Marc Jacobs). We've collected but a sampling of designers ending their spring 2013 shows. Watch our video and say good-bye, at last, to fashion month.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb