Let's study the different ways designers choose to present themselves during their shows' finales. First, there's the subtle moves: the slight nod, the half-bow, the tiny wave, and occasionally a double bow. Beyond that, you'll see hair flips, blown kisses, two-handed waves, and clapping. Then there are the more expressive moves: the wide rainbow-shaped wave, the hand over heart, the leg kick, the jog down the runway, or a full runway lap (or full escalator ride if you're Marc Jacobs). We've collected but a sampling of designers ending their spring 2013 shows. Watch our video and say good-bye, at last, to fashion month.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament