Now that the city’s Greenmarkets are rife with autumnal spreads — apple, pumpkin, and chestnut butters abound — the question arises: how to keep your countertop smear-free? The once-humble butter knife gets a sleek update with Tauma Design’s stainless-steel standing knife ($28 at MoMA Design and Book Store, 11 W. 53rd St., nr. Fifth Ave.; 212-708-9700), which rocks hypnotically when nudged but always remains upright. With this knife at the ready, you won’t lack for conversational fodder at dinner parties, and, more important, you needn’t waste time digging around your drawers when a shmear craving strikes. Plus: Halloween lollipops, a marble-topped side table, and more in this week's issue. [NYM]
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like
- Retail Task Force Tries to Fix Racial Profiling
- Putin to Free Pussy Riot, Maybe
- Paparazzi Spoils Emma Stone’s Good Times in L.A.
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Leandra Medine