If you've ever looked at a street style gallery during fashion week you're familiar with the stampede of showgoers dressed to the nines in their recognizable luxury items. It can be easy to dismiss these looks as just a bunch of well-heeled editors with access to super-expensive items. After all, how hard is it to make something look great when you're wearing head-to-toe Prada? But through the course of flipping through thousands of images, we've realized that there are subtle style cues, that when isolated, can work for anyone with any wardrobe. What is the best way to hem your wide-leg trousers? How do you wear prints with prints? How do you get more mileage out of that favorite sequined skirt? Click on to see all ten tricks.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split