With all those eye of newt, tongue of dog, and toe of bat potions, most witches don't have the best beauty game. In folklore and fairytales, they're cast as shadowy figures with bulbous chin moles, matted-down hair — from those pointy-hat wearing, broom zooming days — and mottled, pock-marked skin. That's why, throughout all eternity, there's few very curse-wielding broads who have broken past those sinister stereotypes. But there are exceptions to this rule. Click through to see Neve Campbell and her sexy school girl coven in The Craft; Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman as the spell-casting sisters in Practical Magic; Blake Lively's big sister from her Teen Witch days, and more, in our slideshow of smokin' witches.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate