This month brings us the campy-at-best biopic Liz & Dick, starring Lindsay Lohan as Liz Taylor and Grant Bowler as Richard Burton, on Lifetime. The movie centers on the passionate love affairs and Hollywood careers that often brought Taylor and Burton together in ten different movies, including Cleopatra, The Taming of the Shrew, and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? — which earned Taylor a second (and final) Academy Award for Best Actress in 1966. Taylor famously married eight times, but it was Burton who got two of those tries. So it makes sense that their romance was as epic and diamond-drenched as anything Hollywood writers could have written themselves. After looking through these photos, we're convinced Burton must have truly loved Taylor. He lived with her through crazy diets, sixties kaftans, go-go boots, and turbans. In the later years, he pushed her in a wheelchair through an airport; of course, she was swaddled in mink. To see that — and their happier, fur-free moments — click through our slideshow of the glamourous couple.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads