Any way you wrap it, the scarf is a perennial fall essential. Parisian women swear by them for their magical ability to transform an otherwise plain outfit. We've found the most eye-catching fabrics that will provide the perfect lightweight layer for transitional fall temperatures. The graphic digital-printed "bodies" scarf by We Are Owls's looks racy and elegant all at once, while Topshop's citron ombré and Stella McCartney's blue-and-orange print paisley shawl both offer a hit of color. Even if you can't get a whole new fall wardrobe, nobody will notice if you throw on one of these. Click on to see all 25 amazing scarves.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament