WWD reports that the e-tailer found the 40,000-square-foot space, situated on Kent Street in Williamsburg, for an undisclosed price — but surely it was a bargain, right? Of picking Billyburg, Cathy Beaudoin, president of Amazon Fashion, explained, "We think of it as joining an emerging neighborhood that's known for its creative talent and community. It's going to be a mecca — we hope — for creative talent." Along with more jobs, the mecca should provide "thousands of on-model product images a year" for Amazon Fashion, Shopbop, and MyHabit, "with the goal of enhancing the presentation of the fashion offerings online and introducing even more engaging editorial for the latter two brands." The studio, Amazon's sixth, plans to open its doors come spring, enough time for you to type up your résumé (currently scrawled on the back of a weekday brunch receipt).
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Mary-Kate Wants a Baby As Well As a Ring
- Why Are Feminist Critics Hung Up on Playboy?
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
- California Revenge Pornographer Gets Five Years
- Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
- Best Bet: Satomi Kawakita Emerald Ring
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer