Last night's "Rock Bottom" segment on Rock Center with Brian Williams "features something we've noticed about so many elected officials these days: They suddenly all have official jackets." Williams says, "Let's call it what it really is — it's Air Force One Jacket Envy. Being president comes with a lot of things. In addition to all the worries of the free world, there's also a lot of stuff: the White House, the limousine, or the tricked-out SUV — which even follows you when you walk — and then there's the plane, and not one, but two jackets: the traditional blue number with the presidential seal and the leather one that says 'commander-in-chief,' just to clear up any confusion. So if you're anyone else but the president, you're at an instant garment disadvantage." Garment disadvantage? Tricked-out? Stuff (JOE BIDEN–WINK!)? You had me at hello! So who, exactly, has Air Force One Jacket Envy? Schwarzenegger, Andrew Cuomo, Cory Booker, the NYPD's Ray Kelly, and Chris Christie — who compensates with a personalized fleece and matching yarmulke.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken