You can't exactly go out and buy someone a tub of Carmex or a Duane Reade mascara and expect her to be pleased this holiday season. But the right beauty gift — one that's decadent, luxurious, and splurge-y to the point that you might not drop cash on it for yourself — has the opposite effect: It makes you feel special, and beautiful, like you're now in possession of a cosmetic that will instantly improve your life (and complexion, too). Whether it's Tom Ford's chest of lustrous nail polishes, a hand balm that will make your colleagues jealous, the creamiest red lipstick out there, or even an entirely new mascara wardrobe, these are the items that will be publicly flaunted and privately loved. This year, the Cut has gathered twenty of them, photographed for your own gift-giving purposes in the slideshow below.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like