Since the age of 7, Dakota Fanning has had a strong presence on the red carpet, always dressed in charming, age-appropriate party dresses. Now 18, Fanning has developed a taste for modern, conceptual outfits from designers like Proenza Schouler, Rodarte, and Prada. A regular at Fashion Week, the actress isn't afraid to make runway looks her own, often going for the full, show-stopping effect — see the Valentino gown she chose for the 2011 Met Gala, for example, or the pink Lanvin number she wore to the Tribeca Film Festival. Click ahead to see Dakota Fanning's best style moments on and off the red carpet.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season