It's not unusual for red carpets to be overrun with sparkles and metallics this time of year; after all, it's the holiday season, and everyone wants to look festive. But there were so many gold sequined dresses at the American Music Awards last night that it almost seemed like a coordinated effort. Perhaps a memo was sent out? Or maybe there was a phone tree? A few brave stars did deviate from the norm, including Nicki Minaj, a nearly unrecognizable Christina Aguilera, and Justin Bieber (in his latest drop-crotch pants, of course). Meanwhile, Psy wore a leather tuxedo jacket, Ludacris wore a giant gold tooth, and Pink had a hair doughnut. Click through our slideshow to see the best, worst, and most perplexing outfits from last night.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?