It's not unusual for red carpets to be overrun with sparkles and metallics this time of year; after all, it's the holiday season, and everyone wants to look festive. But there were so many gold sequined dresses at the American Music Awards last night that it almost seemed like a coordinated effort. Perhaps a memo was sent out? Or maybe there was a phone tree? A few brave stars did deviate from the norm, including Nicki Minaj, a nearly unrecognizable Christina Aguilera, and Justin Bieber (in his latest drop-crotch pants, of course). Meanwhile, Psy wore a leather tuxedo jacket, Ludacris wore a giant gold tooth, and Pink had a hair doughnut. Click through our slideshow to see the best, worst, and most perplexing outfits from last night.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Amanda Bynes Enrolled in Fashion-Design School
In the Future, We Will All Dress Like Hipsters
10 Self-Centered Non-Gifts We Want for Christmas
- When Will Men Be OK Exploring Same-Sex Hookups?
- Amanda Bynes Enrolled in Fashion-Design School
- Pregnancy Rates Falling in America
- In the Future, We Will All Dress Like Hipsters
- Uptalk Is for Everyone, at Least in California
- 10 Self-Centered Non-Gifts We Want for Christmas
- Viagra Might Be the New Midol
- 30 Fancy Box Clutches for Holiday Parties
- Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Winter Sneakers
- Marion Cotillard’s Non-Dior Moment
- Best Bet: Guerlain Crazy Paris Meteorite Pearls
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup