It's not unusual for red carpets to be overrun with sparkles and metallics this time of year; after all, it's the holiday season, and everyone wants to look festive. But there were so many gold sequined dresses at the American Music Awards last night that it almost seemed like a coordinated effort. Perhaps a memo was sent out? Or maybe there was a phone tree? A few brave stars did deviate from the norm, including Nicki Minaj, a nearly unrecognizable Christina Aguilera, and Justin Bieber (in his latest drop-crotch pants, of course). Meanwhile, Psy wore a leather tuxedo jacket, Ludacris wore a giant gold tooth, and Pink had a hair doughnut. Click through our slideshow to see the best, worst, and most perplexing outfits from last night.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her