Now that it's chillier, a bright kelly or a bold emerald green is emerging as an unlikely suspect for color of the season, working as a counterpoint for winter's darker wardrobes. Try wearing J.Crew's crystal-encrusted necklace over a simple black tee or Modcloth's emerald drop earrings with a navy sweater dress. For making impressions at evening events, turn to these shades for a full look; go for Lanvin's lace-appliquéd satin dress, or try channeling Bacall or Hepburn in Issa's column gown at the next cocktail party. Or even play Don Draper's latest fix in Pink Tartan's bouffant silk dress at your holiday party. We've rounded up accents, tops, bottoms, and dresses at every price, all guaranteed to brighten up your wardrobe, in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013