Now that it's chillier, a bright kelly or a bold emerald green is emerging as an unlikely suspect for color of the season, working as a counterpoint for winter's darker wardrobes. Try wearing J.Crew's crystal-encrusted necklace over a simple black tee or Modcloth's emerald drop earrings with a navy sweater dress. For making impressions at evening events, turn to these shades for a full look; go for Lanvin's lace-appliquéd satin dress, or try channeling Bacall or Hepburn in Issa's column gown at the next cocktail party. Or even play Don Draper's latest fix in Pink Tartan's bouffant silk dress at your holiday party. We've rounded up accents, tops, bottoms, and dresses at every price, all guaranteed to brighten up your wardrobe, in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament