Now that it's chillier, a bright kelly or a bold emerald green is emerging as an unlikely suspect for color of the season, working as a counterpoint for winter's darker wardrobes. Try wearing J.Crew's crystal-encrusted necklace over a simple black tee or Modcloth's emerald drop earrings with a navy sweater dress. For making impressions at evening events, turn to these shades for a full look; go for Lanvin's lace-appliquéd satin dress, or try channeling Bacall or Hepburn in Issa's column gown at the next cocktail party. Or even play Don Draper's latest fix in Pink Tartan's bouffant silk dress at your holiday party. We've rounded up accents, tops, bottoms, and dresses at every price, all guaranteed to brighten up your wardrobe, in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve