Keira Knightley first became known for playing Natalie Portman's look-alike in 1999's Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, and she's since become a major star in her own right. Now a face of Chanel and a Vogue cover girl many times over, she's graduated from the belly-baring tops she wore in the early aughts to graceful, fairylike gowns by Valentino, Elie Saab, and Erdem. Usually a fan of red lips and minimal jewelry, she prefers Victorian silhouettes with lots of lace, but she's also not afraid to go for a plunging neckline from time to time. See her looks from the late nineties to the present.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve