When you're going on national TV with your significant other for the first time after a cheating scandal, chances are it'll be awkward. You'll probably sweat a bit. Your clothes will feel constraining. You'll need a generous waistband to allow for deep breaths. That's why Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson both wore nice loose clothing for their interview on MTV last night: He skipped a tie and unbuttoned his shirt, while she wore a comfortable baggy sweater. Both stuck to dark colors that would conceal any stress-induced pit stains. Stewart also kept her hair loose so that she could hide behind it, and a fresh new manicure that she pretend to be fascinated by when things got weird. Like when their interviewer asked about the sex scene in Breaking Dawn: Part 2, which Pattinson described as "like the scene she's doing pottery in Ghost." Moral of the story: Sometimes the best outfits are the ones you can hide in.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament