What’s surprising about the looks our street-style photographer shot in Moscow is just how often certain brands appear. We’re not talking Prada or Louis Vuitton — though they are there, too — but names like Nike, Puma, Converse, Supreme, and New Balance. Amid the Russian city’s dreary gray skies, the residents pair their sporty sneakers with bright colors (Yves Klein blue and sunny yellow, in particular) along with chunky gold jewelry, studded headbands, Lennon-style shades, and sequined pants. On the young men, there’s also a bit of USA heritage that’s made its way across the Atlantic. From chinos to denim jackets, click through our slideshow to see it all, plus the brave few women who actually wore heels and, in one stunning case, a long leather dress.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve