Last night after dinnertime, a small crowd of shoppers hunkered down in lawn chairs outside the Fifth Avenue H&M location. These diehards would prepare to spend the night huddled together, or in sleeping bags, on cold concrete for the pleasure of being some of the first to buy the retailer's most recent designer collaboration: Maison Martin Margiela. Most of them were men, nearly all of whom wanted the sneakers. We gave our camera to Kevin Garcia of Ventnor, New Jersey, who came decked in Rick Owens, Prada, and Yohji Yamamoto, all of which looked great even if it wasn't warm enough. He then enlisted his new friends in line to interview each other through the night. He came away from the experience with two Margiela sweaters before many of us even had our morning coffee. Take a look at the video diary above.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve