Last night after dinnertime, a small crowd of shoppers hunkered down in lawn chairs outside the Fifth Avenue H&M location. These diehards would prepare to spend the night huddled together, or in sleeping bags, on cold concrete for the pleasure of being some of the first to buy the retailer's most recent designer collaboration: Maison Martin Margiela. Most of them were men, nearly all of whom wanted the sneakers. We gave our camera to Kevin Garcia of Ventnor, New Jersey, who came decked in Rick Owens, Prada, and Yohji Yamamoto, all of which looked great even if it wasn't warm enough. He then enlisted his new friends in line to interview each other through the night. He came away from the experience with two Margiela sweaters before many of us even had our morning coffee. Take a look at the video diary above.
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times