This week marks the end of Kristen Stewart's red-carpet run as Bella Swan. In the four years Stewart's spent promoting the Twilight Saga, she's stuck with a pretty specific look: leggy, slim-fitting, and mostly Balenciaga. The girl knows her strengths, and short little numbers and leg-baring slits suit her well. With the exciting year she's had and the masses of Twihards preparing for their last hurrah, the actress is going to have more attention on her than ever in this last stretch of red carpets, right at a time when Balenciaga has bid farewell to its designer. So, with that in the mind, we took the liberty (pun intended) of suggesting some looks from the spring 2013 runways that would be a refreshing departure. As you click through, imagine sneakers with each one.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve