Self-help books? Bad sweaters? Socks? The best way to combat an underwhelming gift is to have a clear wishlist in order before Thanksgiving rolls around. So we've rounded up fifteen eye-catching items, all under $300 dollars, for your consideration. Try Crate & Barrel's elegant glass decanter, Cire Trudon's candle, based on the wooden scent of the hallways at Versailles, or a splashy figurative portrait print from an up-and-coming artist. You might even find something that's fabulous enough to give to someone else, or even to buy for yourself while shopping this weekend. Don't forget to zoom in for a closer look.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve