Known primarily for her epic relationships with both Keith Richards and heroin, Anita Pallenberg is the archetypal rocker chick. A former model, sometimes actress, mother and now grandma, Pallenberg's insouciant sense of style defined her era's sense of glamour. She began her life with the Rolling Stones as Brian Jones's girlfriend, before decamping to Richards (with occasional dalliances with Mick Jagger), and it's fair to say there's been no single more important style influence on the band, and therefore on rock style itself. Richards recalls in his book, Life, that his way of getting dressed was to wear Anita's pants. Kate Moss certainly owes her a great debt for making cigarettes, lank blonde hair, and a scowl the international language of the "Bad Girl." Here, see some of her notable fashion moments: From mod to madness, with many fur- and feather-filled looks in between.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like