It's the stone that's glitzed up crown jewels and the thrones of the most powerful dynasties, and the color that's bewitched monarchies, historians, and philosophers for millennia; it's a symbol of wealth, power, and luck. And as of yesterday, it's Pantone's official color for spring 2013. We've been feeling emerald for a bit, too. It's the perfect counterpoint to wintry blacks, it's the secret weapon for redheads (if you're one, you need to get on that), but it also looks amazing on just about every skin tone and hair color out there. That's why we put together a visual collection — or mood board, if you must — dedicated to the color. Here's some inspiration to click through, whether you're planning to share it, or print it out for your cubicle, we say just get lost in it.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!