Last night's Museum of Chinese in America gala honored "trailblazers in fashion and design," a timely theme given Alexander Wang's appointment at Balenciaga yesterday morning. For understandable reasons, Wang wasn't there, but there were plenty of other guests of Chinese descent, including Alexa Chung, Lily Kwong, Sui He, Vera Wang, and perhaps best of all, SVU's B.D. Wong. Outfit-wise, there were lots of ruffles and peplums as well as the predictable Chinoiserie. Click through our slideshow to see the outfits.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split