Getting dressed up for a fancy event or a night out doesn't always have to require high heels. Take one look at Sofia Coppola or Alexa Chung, both of whom wear Marc Jacobs or Chanel with a pair of sensible kitten heels or flats. The key to keeping the look from being frumpy is to choose festive styles with metallic accents, sparkles, or sexy mesh inserts. Take Miu Miu's blush-pink patent loafers, with rhinestone-encrusted heels and grosgrain-ribbon accents that look equally cool with a cropped trouser or a short skirt. If that's too subtle, Kate Spade's glittery rainbow kitten heels are the equivalent of wearing a disco ball on your feet. And should your tastes skew toward something with a bit of an edge, Zara's ankle-strap flats are covered in an array of gold spikes, creating strong contrast against an ultrafeminine dress. On New Year's Eve, when everyone else is complaining about tired feet once the clock strikes midnight, simply pick up another glass of Champagne and continue on dancing. Click ahead for party-ready shoes that will keep you on your feet until the wee hours of the morning.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve