There are two types of people in this world: those of us who rely on our contacts to make it from the bedroom to the kitchen without smashing our faces into the wall, and those blessed with perfect sight — or surgery that provides it. The two tribes used to be divided like a modern-day Montagues versus Capulets, but thanks to a resurgence in the popularity of "vanity frames" (we're squinting at you, Jenna Lyons), both houses have come together in union. Anyone can wear glasses now! With or without a prescription! And no one will judge you, because glasses make everyone look just a little bit more intelligent. Channel Johnny Depp in a pair of Super's Panama frames, or get Anne Hathaway's bespectacled red-carpet moment in tartan Warby Parker. Stars, they're just like us: blind, or possibly not blind. Just people in search of a yet another accessory.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?