As perhaps the most visible — and visibly handsome — face of NBC's foreign correspondence, Richard Engel was safely released on Monday, along with three of his crew members, after being captured in Syria last week by loyalists to Bashar al-Asaad's regime. Engel's valiant post-release speech, in the face of inarguable trauma, was a reminder that knights in shining armor might actually exist, but they're just out there doing really important things. With his cool demeanor (and, okay, that hair sweeping devilishly across his forehead), we'll look forward to his next report.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve