According to the Guardian, Campbell filed a libel suit against the Telegraph for its November 3 article, "Elephant polo at Campbell's party criticised." The newspaper reported that she organized a match (with "three-a-side teams") in Jodhpur, India, as part of her boyfriend Vladimir Doronin's 50th birthday festivities — which apparently led to letters from Indian officials and protests. Her lawyer, Gideon Benaim, said: "The simple truth is that there was no plan for elephant polo. Ms. Campbell did not cancel it because it was never going to happen in the first place." But, if it did happen, it would explain why Campbell was last seen in a wheelchair.
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen
- Male Gaze: Feast Your Eyes on Frank Sinatra
- Office Stress Is Contagious
- Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Post-Baby Reveal
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 14 Days to Go!
- Paltrow, Anderson Diet Show Gets ‘Major Network’