Seeing clothing on a runway is one thing; being able to hold it, inspect its seams, and understand its drape and weight are quite another. This is why we market editors go on appointments and "re-sees." On a recent afternoon, the Reed Krakoff team treated the Cut to a sensory overload. We couldn't help but pet the baby-soft lambskin used to line their handbags, stroke the luxe rabbit-fur gloves, and fondle the incredible textures and finishes of the shoes and leather goods for which Krakoff is known. The graphic, asymmetrical ready-to-wear would be perfect for an actress looking for a fashion curveball to add to her look book. Click through to see our favorite picks from their offerings for pre-fall 2013.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?