We’re all familiar with what French fashion looks like if you slink around the Tuileries mid-February or September, during Fashion Week. But what about the rest of the year, when you’re roaming side streets and less touristic neighborhoods? Hate to break it to you, but even then, even there, Parisians still look insanely chic. Be it a pair of perfectly hemmed pants, an impeccably tailored circle skirt, or an insane-seeming naval cap perched just so, there is no end to the insouciant-yet-understated dressing habits of locals, with plenty of women dressing like the boys. Click through our slideshow to see stylish overalls, on-trend oxfords, even an American flag bandana used as a smart accessory. This is advanced style that has nothing to do with age.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split