We’re all familiar with what French fashion looks like if you slink around the Tuileries mid-February or September, during Fashion Week. But what about the rest of the year, when you’re roaming side streets and less touristic neighborhoods? Hate to break it to you, but even then, even there, Parisians still look insanely chic. Be it a pair of perfectly hemmed pants, an impeccably tailored circle skirt, or an insane-seeming naval cap perched just so, there is no end to the insouciant-yet-understated dressing habits of locals, with plenty of women dressing like the boys. Click through our slideshow to see stylish overalls, on-trend oxfords, even an American flag bandana used as a smart accessory. This is advanced style that has nothing to do with age.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?