Last night, British singer Paloma Faith performed on Jay Leno's show and instantly caught our attention — for her voice and her humongous maharajah-worthy hair accessory. She's got a soulful Adele-meets–Florence Welch–esque voice, but her beauty look is completely Paloma-fied. She has a tendency to mix the retro (bouffants and cat-eye liner) with what must be a trunks full of theater props, to be jammed into her rockabilly hairstyle. There are the giant cherries à la Anna Della Russo, oversize bows that dip into Gaga territory, and fruits and florals in cartoonish homage to Jospehine Baker. Like Biebs and his swingy crop of yore, Faith's crimson mess of swirls and buns are her signature. Click through our slideshow as we introduce you to the wonderful hair-accessory world of Paloma Faith, where "normal" means a headdress that could pass for a gilded female condom.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack