Last night, British singer Paloma Faith performed on Jay Leno's show and instantly caught our attention — for her voice and her humongous maharajah-worthy hair accessory. She's got a soulful Adele-meets–Florence Welch–esque voice, but her beauty look is completely Paloma-fied. She has a tendency to mix the retro (bouffants and cat-eye liner) with what must be a trunks full of theater props, to be jammed into her rockabilly hairstyle. There are the giant cherries à la Anna Della Russo, oversize bows that dip into Gaga territory, and fruits and florals in cartoonish homage to Jospehine Baker. Like Biebs and his swingy crop of yore, Faith's crimson mess of swirls and buns are her signature. Click through our slideshow as we introduce you to the wonderful hair-accessory world of Paloma Faith, where "normal" means a headdress that could pass for a gilded female condom.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve